Wednesday, March 3, 2010

David Papenfus Photography - Cape Town



Growing up in the scenic surroundings of Pietermaritzburg, I took an interest in cameras long before my parents could teach me to understand the cost of film and processing. Since then, photography has been listed high up on my long list of hobbies & interests, and has never looked back.

After studying Science at the University of Stellenbosch, my curiosity took me to London where I eventually found myself climbing the corporate ladder, pushing myself up in the world of Investment Banking IT. My career also took me to New York, Zurich & home again, whilst time away from work always took me to some of the most amazing parts of the world. Interesting and less frequented remote parts of the world were always my first choice travel destinations, and my camera remained my most important travel companion.

During my most recent banking stint in Switzerland, I began to get a better idea of what I was after as an individual. This is where I began to spend my time studying & expanding on my photographic skills and talent, whilst returning to the country I call home. Now I'm living a life where I can use the art & science of photography, bringing out the beauty of your special events, producing a set of memories which you can keep forever.

Cheers for now & go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment